Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University – classic, international standards-oriented science and education center of Ukraine.
The University is accredited with the highest, IV level of accreditation. According to the international rating of SciMago Institutions Rankings, the university ranks 1st (2019) among Higher Educational Institutions of Ukraine. The university ranks 14th (in 2019) among more than 200 universities in Ukraine in terms of Scopus International Science Foundation (quoted English publications) and ranks in the top 10 higher education institutions in the western region.
Precarpathian National University is a member of international consortia: member of Consortium of Warsaw and Ukrainian Universities (2006); member of the International Consortium of Universities (2015); member of the Consortium of Universities of the Baltic Sea Region and Ukraine (2015); member of the International University Community “One Belt – One Road” (2016); Member of the Magna charta universitatum (2018). The University maintains close relations with many academic and educational institutions in the world (more than 50), including the United States, Asia, and the EU. It implements 11 double master’s degree programs with leading universities in the Republic of Poland. Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University has considerable experience in project implementation. Over the past 5 years, the University has implemented over 15 major international projects, including infrastructure projects. As part of the European program Erasmus + KA2 Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University has received grants for 4 projects. For the first time in Ukraine, the university is a grant holder in the project MoPED “Modernization of Pedagogical Higher Education with the Use of Innovative Teaching Tools”. Within the European program Erasmus + KA1, the University implements programs of academic mobility of students and teachers. As a part of the EU-Poland-Belarus-Ukraine Cross-Border Cooperation Program (PL-BU-UA) 2014-2020, Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University has received grants to restore the astronomical and meteorological observatory on Mount Pip Ivan (Chornohora range, Carpathian Mountains) and to establish an International Science Center based on it Observatory of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University and Warsaw University (Republic of Poland). A state investment grant has been won to create the International Center for Youth Meetings of Ukraine and Poland, currently under construction in Mykulychyn (Carpathian).
The internationalization strategy is an integral part of the development strategy of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University for 2020-2025. The internationalization strategy of the university should ensure the strengthening of the position and competitiveness of the educational institution in the world educational and scientific space by constantly improving the quality of the provision of educational services according to world criteria, which provides a set of measures aimed at improving the international image of the university, the development of scientific and educational programs.
Vision, mission, values and strategic goals of university internationalization
Vision: Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University is a modern, competitive, international-level educational and research center whose potential has an impact on the development of the region and the formation of human capital.
The mission of the university is revealed in three vectors:
- education – providing quality educational services aimed at training highly professional specialists;
- science – formation of a modern research university – a center for the generation of innovative ideas and their implementation;
- region – the direction of educational and scientific potential for the development and strengthening of the region.
The university’s internationalization strategy applies to all the vectors of the university’s mission, ie internationalization in the educational and scientific spheres, as well as in the context of the development of international cooperation for the development of the region:
- New university associations based on partnerships within EU, USA and Asian educational and scientific programs.
- The International Science Center “Observatory” is a platform for international and domestic grant programs.
- Harnessing the potential of the Warsaw University Consortium – scholarship programs, research internships, humanities.
- Formation of the university environment of the Carpathian region – Collegium Carpathicum.
- Expansion of the programs of the Ukrainian-American project “Carpathian-Appalachian”.
- Establishment of consortia of Carpathian and Alpine Universities.
- International Center for Environmental Monitoring (mount Pip Ivan, Carpathians).
- International Center of Student Youth Meeting of Ukraine and the Republic of Poland.
Priority areas of internationalization:
- development of international cooperation with various organizations in the field of education, science, culture and sport;
- intensification of work on finding grants opportunities for student and teacher participation in international educational programs, internships;
- development of international academic and scientific mobility, participation in international educational and scientific programs;
- creating joint educational and dual degree programs to integrate students and teachers into the global educational space;
- dissemination of information on opportunities for participation in international projects among the structural units of the University.
Internationalization strategic goals
- Active development of the internationalization of the university
- Development of strategic partnerships. Monitoring the level of activity under concluded international agreements, planning measures for their effective implementation.
- Monitoring of the potential of international cooperation at the faculties, institutes and structural units of the University in order to involve them in the development of international educational and scientific cooperation.
- Expanding the geography of international university cooperation.
- Raising the university’s rating through active and successful international activities.
- Expanding the academic and scientific mobility of students and teaching staff:
- Increasing the number of student exchange programs and internships for teachers through bilateral agreements with foreign partners.
- Work strengthening to find opportunities for students and faculty to participate in international education programs.
- Information dissemination on the possibility of participation in international projects among international coordinators in order to involve them in the preparation of project applications.
- Organization of Summer and Winter Schools at the University for students from other countries.
- Increasing number of international students:
- Expanding international cooperation with EU, US, Asia, Middle East and Africa.
- Establishing contacts with diplomatic missions and consular posts to promote the activities of the University.
- Enhancement of university advertising outside Ukraine through participation in educational exhibitions and forums.
- Internationalization of scientific activity
- Carrying out joint researches of scientists from the University with scientists from different countries of the world.
- Participation in international scientific projects.
- Participation in international conferences, exhibitions.
- Implementation of international projects aimed at improving the research base.
The Internationalization Strategy implementation involves a comprehensive increase in the efficiency of international activities and gradual integration into the international educational and scientific space. The main results of the Strategy implementation should be the promotion of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University international image and increase of its competitiveness.